Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Lil' Pumpkins

It's fall and with Halloween quickly approaching, there are Pumpkin Patches popping up all around town. I have been envious of all the mother's that have been showing off the most wonderful pictures of their babies with the pumpkins. Mike and I have been trying to find a moment to get the boys to a Pumpkin Patch but with our current work schedules we are literally ships passing in the night. As this is the last weekend before Halloween, time was running out.

Before going to bed last night, I made up my mind that I could do this alone. After the boys woke up from their morning nap, I got them dressed and we headed off to the closest collection of pumpkins. I got the boys into the heart of the Pumpkin Patch and then said to myself, "now what." I had three babies in their car seats and the spot where they needed to be for the photo a few feet away. My plan only went this far and the reality of two hands for three newly sitting babies and a camera hit me.

A crowd of people were surrounding us asking all of the typical questions, "are those triplets?," "what are they?," and "are they natural?." I even heard today, "oh my, I have only seen those on TV." One very nice woman named Stephanie offered to help. As I placed one down, she would make sure he did not tip over while I was getting the next baby. I could not have been able to get some pictures without her! THANK YOU MS. STEPHANIE!!!

Andrew was a little shaken by all the people and was upset for a moment but Jared and Wesley were just as calm as could be. I was trying to calm Andrew down and Jared even fell to his right and went face first into the hay. I quickly picked him up but he was completely composed and was not bothered. I was unable to get any of the boys to smile for the photos as they were more interested in all of the people than same ole' Mommy.

Well, it was an adventure but we did it! We now have pictures of our lil' punkins with pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!