Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jared's New Trick

Jared started out the tiniest of the crew at 4lbs 13oz. This was a 1/2 pound less than the Andrew and 2/3 of a pound less than Wesley. Baby J was our last guy to gain control of his head and the last to roll from his belly to his back.

For a while all three boys have been very close to rolling from their backs to their bellies. There has been a lot of twisting but no luck getting all the way over.

Well..... watch out world.... here comes Baby J!!!

On Friday, September 19th, I put Jared on his back on a blanket that was on the floor. I started to feed Wesley. When I looked up at Jared, he was looking up at me propped up on his elbows with a big smile on his face. I was so excited, I said (with great pride) "Way to go Baby J!" Wesley immediately started to cry. I am not sure if I was just too loud or if Wesley was upset that he was not the first to do it since he was the first to roll from belly to back.

Jared is now a rolling machine. If I put him on his back, within a few seconds, he is on his belly. It's like he is showing off to his brothers. Gone are the days that I can put Jared and either one of his brothers in the Activity Gym. If I put him in there on his back, he rolls onto his brothers. "Look what I can do...can you do this..... I didn't think so."It is the beginning of mobility and I am excited but a little nervous at the same time. It was nice to be able to put them all down on the floor and walk into the kitchen to get a drink. When I returned, they were all in the same place. Jared is now rolling off of blankets and when he is on his belly, he squirms enough to make forward progress. It is not crawling but there is definite forward progress.

Here is a little video of his new trick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!