Monday, August 4, 2008

Jared's Rolling Over Party... at 1am!


The boys have been sleeping a full 12 hours each night for over three weeks. As such, I have grown accustomed to sleeping soundly through the night. During the wee hours of the morning on August 1, I was awakened at 1am to the sounds of two of the boys "playing" in their nursery. These were not sounds of crying but there was something going on. I got out of bed and made my way to the nursery. I have tummy sleepers and when I walked into the room, the hallway light shined onto Jared's face and he had a big smile on his face. The point of this is that he was facing up, cooing and giggling. This was the first time he had rolled over! He must have been dreaming about it and when he actually rolled over he woke up.

Well, he was so proud of his accomplishment, he could not celebrate alone so he woke up Wesley. Wesley was also wide awake and cooing away! It's almost like they were "talking" about Jared's midnight accomplishment!

While I was also proud of his great moment, it was 1am.... can't we save this until it's daylight!!! I picked him up, gave him a hug, told him I was proud of him, flipped him over, put him back to bed and told him we could celebrate in the morning... it's 1am! It only took a couple minutes and both of the party animals were slipping back into their peaceful slumber.

All three of the boys have now receiving a check mark in the rolling over column! I am so proud of these little fellas! Hopefully, they will not decide to reach all major milestones in the middle of the night.

What about Andrew you ask? He is such a sound sleeper, he would sleep through anything. I have a feeling he will be on the receiving end of many late night pranks from his "younger" brothers!
Take care,

Kellie

1 comment:

  1. Kellie-
    I ran into Mike C. a while back and he told me of the "Team Darnell" blog and thought I would finally check it out!

    I am amazed at how your boys have grown. They are simply precious! I am glad to see that the Team is doing well and hope Mama and Pappa are getting enough rest. You and your family are often in my thoughts, Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!