Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spoons...

The boys have improved with their use of forks and have become pretty proficient at keeping food on their plates. The next big hurdle is.... spoons!! I know the day would have to come when we needed to tackle this so I figured to bite the bullet and start today. When we started using forks, the food they were trying to stab is solid and they could grab with their hand if the fork would not work. Food eaten with a spoon is much different... it's messy. But, alas no pain no gain!

I started by passing out the spoons and letting the boys take turns taking spoonfuls of chocolate pudding. I have to admit, they were much better than I expected and the mess was much less than I expected. There were some moments when they scooped up the pudding and turned the spoon the wrong way on the way to their mouth... plop. It was a good step in the right direction... utensil independence....

Andrew...
Jared - He grabbed the spoon way down by the scooper so his hand was covered with chocolate...
Wes...
I enjoy watching them experience new things. This experiment convienently occured on bath night. After the experiment... straight to the tub!

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!