Friday, July 31, 2009

More July Moments (in Pictures)

July was a month full of summer heat, fun, laughter and change. The boys turned 15 months old, officially kicked the binkie habit, started to eat off of plates, removed the last baby gate in our living room, finished Ft. Darnell and we made one really big decision! Whew.... I just have to pause for a second when I think about everything we accomplished over the past month.

The month was a great month and there are several pictures that did not make it into any other post during the month. So, this post is dedicated to these July moments.....

One afternoon, Wesley decided he wanted to start collecting his toys. One by one, he started picking up toys and bringing them to this basket. He did this for quite a while as you can see....

He filled the basket up with all of his favorites...
The end tables continued to be our nemeses during the month. The appeal of these cool glass tables....
We had a baby gate attached to this table to limit the boys movement under the table and also to keep our electrical cords separated from the boys. Well, with their new found mobility we continued to find the boys trapped like this....
As the boys had the power to get behind the baby gate, we opted to remove it and let the boys roam. This area became the most interesting place to be in the entire house.....
Jared finally gets his opportunity to touch the lamp without getting in trouble for being on the table. As our little engineer, he loves to try and figure out how something works. He is quite intrigued by the light bulb. This picture was taken just moments before he actually knocked the lamp over....
Soon enough, you boys will be pushing the mower!! Until then, it is very interesting to watch someone else mow the lawn...
Our new thing is to sit on the couch underneath the cushions....
Check out these muscles....
My little gymnast...
Brothers just chillin....
I guess it is time to break out the door knob protectors....
It is simple moments like this that take my breath away! Andrew was playing with one of these balls on the couch. Jared grabbed the other one and climbed on the couch to play with him. They started playing with each other. Not just brothers but friends....
On this day, I looked over to see Wesley leaning over the ball popper and playing with other toys within his reach. He was not crying or fussing but....
His arm was actually stuck inside of the ball popper...
Oh Sweet Baby J...
Andrew - do you have the another case of the chickenpox? Or is that just a chicken on your head? Daddy enjoys sticking these little people and animals to the boys faces, tummies and other body parts. The boys love it!
On this day, I was working from home and trying to keep three toddlers from harming themselves. It's these days that are the most exhausting. After the boys were in bed, I crashed on the couch. I was awakened by my wonderful husband with the kitchen cleaned and all I had to do was crawl into bed. I was so appreciative of him as it was technically my day to take care of the kitchen duties. Little did I know when I checked the camera the next morning, I would find a picture of me snoozing with my eldest son also catching some zzzzz's....
At the start of this post, I mentioned that we made a big decision that would impact our family. Well, here it is.... Since I returned to work when the boys were 13 weeks old, Mike and I have been working alternate days so one of us was always here with the boys. I worked from home on Monday and Friday and in the office Tuesday to Thursday. Mike worked Friday through Monday. This arrangement was a great one for us for a while. However, we have decided that it is time for a change. The boys are so much fun that we would like to enjoy the boys together as a mother AND father. To accomplish this, we have decided that Mike will become a Stay at Home Dad. We are excited about the opportunity to do things together as a family on weekends!!! So, stay tuned for some more exciting adventures to come for Team Darnell.

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!