Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jared's Ultrasound

Jared and I were able to spend a little alone time together today. We went on our first outing together to the hospital to get an ultrasound. It was only a few months ago that I was climbing up on this type of exam table with excitement about having an ultrasound to see my beautiful babies growing inside of me. During those exams, I never thought that within a few months, I would be laying one of these babies down to have his own ultrasound. It was a very surreal moment.

Jared was wonderful during his ultrasound. He laid back on the exam table and when I pushed up his shirt, he was actually holding it up like he knew exactly what to do. He kicked his legs a little when the ultrasound tech started the exam but he calmed right down and let her do her thing. She was unable to find what she was looking for but I was again told not to worry. The plan will be to take another look when it is closer to his first birthday.

It is a shame that this was the activity that we did on our outing but I think he actually enjoyed the experience. I enjoyed spending time with him alone and feeling "normal" as I walked through the halls of the hospital with him on my hip with my "normal" sized diaper bag on my shoulder. I am so use to drawing so much attention when I roll through public with the boys, it was a little strange to go virtually unnoticed during our outing. I found myself even telling people that he was a triplet when they would speak with us. This experience further reinforced my desire to take them out as individuals so all of us will gain an identity beyond being a triplet and being a mother of triplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!