Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Morning(s)

Wow, I can't believe this morning is here. It feels like I blinked and the past two years just flew by. Easter morning has provided us some significant moments along our journey. On Easter morning in 2007, I woke up bright and early in Jacksonville and traveled into Dr. Duffy's office for my first ultrasound that evaluated my follicle development during my IVF cycle. I remember back to that moment and how surprised I was that visits were scheduled on Easter Sunday. No matter how hard the medical professionals try to control the uncontrollable, the body still continues to work without any consideration for holidays. With that, Easter 2007 found me experiencing a very unique "egg hunt." I am sure our doctor heard the joke in every exam room that morning but I had to make a reference to the "Easter egg hunt."

Fast forward a year to Easter 2008. A few of those eggs were getting ready to hatch. I was on bed rest in the hospital. Mike visited and gave me an Easter basket with three little bunnies. I also remember talking to family as they were all gathered at my mom's house having a great time.

In 2007, when I was visiting Dr. Duffy on Easter, I never realized the significance this holiday would serve only two short years later. I wake up on Easter morning 2009 to celebrate the holiday with family AND celebrate the first birthday of three of the most wonderful little people I have ever met in my entire life. The past year, or two years for that matter, have passed so incredibly fast.

The boys woke this morning and immediately realized today was special as they were greeted by their Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny stopped by and left a new bib and two rubber duckies for each of the boys. The boys enjoyed waving the bibs around, chewing on the rubber duckies and then banging them on the ground!

The boys had fun with their Easter baskets but little did they know the day would only get more exciting!!

Time to eat traditional Sunday morning pancake breakfast and get dressed for the day!

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!