Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jared & Wesley are Reaching New Heights!

I knew the days of putting down the boys and having them stay in place were long gone. However, I was growing accustomed to our new world where the boys were mobile and we took precautions to make sure their environment was safe. Well.... bring on the next phase..... CLIMBING!! The boys have learned that the world around them is not only horizontal but is also much more fun when attacked vertically!

Jared is actually better at climbing than walking. The first thing he does each morning is climb onto the toy box. He has not mastered climbing down so he usually just sits there for a long time. He has stayed on top of the toy box for almost an hour at times. He just hangs out, watches TV and grabs things from passer-bys. There was one morning that he climbed up and forgot to bring his milk. He watched as Andrew and Wes would walk by. A few minutes later, Jared had... not one but two sippy cups with him on top of the toy box. Andrew gave him his cup and he took the cup from Wes. I hope that he quickly learns to climb down safely because it is usually a tumble that brings him back to the floor... oh my heart...

Here are a few pics of Jared on top of his favorite mountain....

He just sits and sits while everyone continues to play around him....
Here is another pic of Jared just maxin' and relaxin' while watching some TV (love the crossed feet)...
And then there is Wesley. Once he saw Jared master the climbing of the toy box, he said.... I can do that. Jared will climb up and sit on top of the box. It's very nice and sweet. What does Wesley do? I will let this picture speak for itself....
Oh my... Wes is WILD.... my Wild, Wild, Wes!

Their climbing ability has even surpassed the toy box. They are both able to climb onto... drum roll please.... the couch!!! Up until now, I have been able to sit on the couch and watch the boys play on the floor and roam around. It was like sitting on the deck of the pool and watching them swim around. Not anymore!! Jared and Wes are now able to climb onto the couch. They are using items to help give them a boost. They use toys, toy boxes and even Murray to assist them with their climb but the days are not far off when they can climb up unassisted.

I love the boys very much but the couch offered me a safe zone so I could still get some work done on Monday and Friday. I am going to have to rethink my strategy now that these faces are joining me up on the couch. Here are some pics of the Jared and Wes on the love seat and couch....
They are so proud of their new accomplishment! As with the toy box, they still know how to climb up but not down. They have also discovered a few more "no-nos." These new untouchable items are the pictures above the couch and the glass end tables.

Andrew is not mentioned here as he has not started to experiment with climbing. If he sees his brothers on the couches, he will continue to play on the floor or he will walk over to me and grunt a few times. Then, I will pick him up and put him on the couch.... smart!

I hope we survive this stage without any serious injuries..... let me rethink this one... does this stage ever end??? Let me just hope we learn to climb down very soon!

Take care,

1 comment:

  1. Look at their chubby little feet. They are such cuties. I guess a few bumps comes with learning new tasks. I hope they master them all with grace and no boo boo's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!