Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mommy's Pretty Nails!

The boys have been doing really well on outings lately. As mentioned yesterday, I needed to get my nails done and I thought the boys were ready to experience the nail salon for the first time. I have been getting my nails done for so many years and since I have lived in Tallahassee (2.5 years), I have been getting my nails done at Co Co Nails.

The shop has about 4 nail techs so I have been seeing the same group for both years. During my pregnancy, they were wonderful to me (and the boys). However, during the period of time I was on bed rest, I was unable to get my nails done. I had been in the hospital for 2 weeks and I was determined to get my nails done before the boys were born. I had been planning my escape to get my nails refreshed. The night before I was going to check out against medical advice to get my nails done, my water broke and the boys were delivered... thank you Andrew!

Since they boys were born, I have been able to keep up my nails but not with the regularity I was previously use to. When I was on maternity leave, Mike would care for the boys while I visited the salon. Since I returned to work, I have been getting them done during lunch breaks over two days; one day for nails and one day for the pedicure. It has been a long time since I was able to a pedicure, my nails done and my eyebrows waxed all in the same session.

I think back to the first time I told the group at the salon that I was pregnant with triplets. I first told my tech and then in Chinese she told everyone else. The conversation, though in a different language, was surprisingly similar to the conversation I had been hearing all along. After being told I was having triplets, there was a response in a loud surprised questioning tone - "THREE?" Then I heard the Chinese equivalent of "OH MY!" spread through the shop.

The group has been asking about the boys and if I would ever bring them into the shop. Well, today was the day. I planned on heading into the shop to get a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed. I would see how this went and then head in tomorrow (if they were good today) and get my nails done. Well, the boys were again WONDERFUL!!!

I was able to roll the stroller next to the pedicure chair. I could see and reach all three of them. They enjoyed looking around at all of the new people, new sights and new sounds. Andrew was very intrigued in what this nice gentleman was doing to my feet. He was also quite the charmer today. He was smiling and giggling at the ladies and was a real extrovert today. He was also flirting by holding up the cloth diaper in front of his face and then moving it quickly and smiling. He was playing peek a boo with the ladies. Wesley and Jared were also charming but Andrew (in the top seat) was drawing all of the attention as he was "chattin' up" the lovely ladies!

When my pedicure was done, I proceeded to get my eyebrows waxed. They boys had been wonderful up to this point so I decided to go ahead and get my nails done. Half way through my nails, Jared started getting a little fussy (we were about 45 min past the start of nap time). I gave each of them a cookie (teething biscuit) and this was the perfect thing to get all the way through a my nails. The full visit took 1 hour and 30 minutes. The boys were great for the full time!

People were very interested in the boys and really had some wonderful things to say to us. We heard from several people about how good and quiet they were. Two of my favorite comments of the day, "you sure can tell they are very happy" and "they look very well cared for." I was so proud of the boys and myself for getting out with them on my own.

I think I need to stop posting about how surprised I am that they were wonderful during an outing. We have never really had an outing in which they were hard to manage. This was an idea I had in my head before they were born and it has taken me a while to shake it. With the events of the past two days, I think I am realizing that this fear is only in my head and I need to let it go.

We are leaving for Grandma Sally's house on Monday evening to celebrate Christmas. I am very excited about celebrating our first Christmas as a family. As you can see on my toes, the ladies were kind enough to paint some candy canes in honor of Christmas. I also posted a pic of my nails to reflect how nice they look and I did this with the boys in "toe" (ha, ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!