Saturday, February 14, 2009

10 Months Old (2 days ago) and not feeling so well...

The boys turned 10 months old on Thursday and let's just say it is a day that we hope does not stay in the forefront of our memories for long. On Wednesday night, I had to work late and fired off an e-mail to my WONDERFUL husband to tell him I would be working late. In response to my e-mail home, I received this message....

I got your message about working late. I am sending this in case I am asleep when you get home. We have had a horrible day. All three boys have been throwing up, and I don't mean the cute little spit up they used to do. Breakfast was ok, but when I got them up from their morning nap, there was a puddle of puke on the floor between Andrew and Jared's cribs. I am assuming it was Andrew and didn't think much of it. I put them in the table for lunch and gave them puffs, then Andrew maybe ate a few puffs and emptied his stomach all over himself. So I cleaned him up and put him in the living room so I could feed the other two. Well Jared did the same after a few bites of food. Needless to say Wesley was quite pleased that he was eating solo. Wesley did spit up a couple of times but not as bad as the others. A short time later Jared puked again near the fireplace and he looked so sad sitting there in a puddle of vomit not quite sure what to do.

I was able to clean him up enough to move him, but I had left a roll of paper towels sitting there. Guess what Wesley and Andrew did. They had emptied about half the roll all over the floor, but they were enjoying themselves so I let them go for a few minutes. About 20 minutes later Andrew spit up again, so as I was changing him Jared puked once more, but not alot since his stomach should have been empty by now. Well I couldn't leave Andrew alone on the changing table, so I helplessly watched as Jared crawled through the puddle of puke and Wesley had to investigate as well. I decided to let them have afternoon bottles since they were probably hungry at this point. Andrew and Wesley did ok but Jared puked all over himself while laying on his back, so by now he is soaked in recycled formula. Also, you could tell he wasn't feeling well because he kept trying to lay on his boppy pillow while the other two were playing. Andrew yells all the time so you never know what is wrong with him.


So I let Andrew and Jared sleep until about 540, and I just fed them dinner. So far, so good...but Andrew filled his diaper with the wettest sounding bowel movement I have ever heard. When I finally changed him it was all the way up to his belly button, and he is now running around in a diaper. I will give them baths about 7 and put them down around 730ish. We did get Diapers.com order today.

I still feel like crap and don't have much energy, so I didn't get too much done today.Have fun at work!


My WONDERFUL husband did not call me at anytime during the day and even when I sent him the e-mail to tell him I was working late, he did not ask me to come home. I called immediately after getting this e-mail and he said everything was under control and for me to stay at work (LOVE HIM!).

The next day, I left for work telling my hubby to call me if things turn bad as we may need to take the kids to the doctor. At about 10:30am, I received a text that told me to come home as the stomach bug is contagious and Daddy has it bad. I rushed home to find the boys napping and Daddy sitting in the living room with a trash can between his legs. I put Daddy to bed and took care of the boys for the rest of the day. I thought everything was ok until around dinner. At dinner, the throwing up continued. I got Wesley cleaned up and dressed. I returned to the table to continue feeding and Wesley threw up on his clean clothing. I have never felt so helpless since I brought the boys home as when I could see Wesley throwing up on himself and had Jared and Andrew still to feed dinner and get to bed. We made it through and I was able to get Jared and Andrew to bed. Wesley continued to throw up for several hours. By this point, his tummy was completely empty but still every 30 minutes, he would have the dry heaves and it looked so painful. I could do nothing but hold a little bowl under his baby chin and hold him through this. It seemed to slow and I put him to bed. He still continued to wake every 20-30 minutes until about midnight. The only bright point in this was that his tummy was empty so when he would wake, I did not have to clean him up or change his sheets. I would just hold him and after a minute or two he was back in bed.

Once it was all quiet in the nursery.... this stomach bug hit me like a ton of bricks. I proceeded to spend the remainder of the evening on the couch close to my receptacle. I don't need to go on any further but it has been a mess in this house ever since! We are finally all back on our feet as the vomiting only lasts a day or two. However, per the doc the "other stuff" lasts about a week. I hope it passes quickly because this is such a mess. Mike was changing the boys sheets this morning and actually found some poo on the floor behind Jared's crib... how did it get there???

I am sure this is way too much information to share. You are probably right but I want to use this blog as a way to keep track of our memories, good and bad. This one is a bad one but it's the first of what I am sure will be many stomach bugs that we live through in our family. We have survived it and we are stronger because this is now "behind" us (ha, ha).

With all of this, we have not had an opportunity to take many pictures nor are there many moments we would have liked to memorialize in a photo. So, to celebrate our 10 month milestone, I have reviewed all the pictures and video taken over this past month and I have selected some great shots that did not make the blog. As such... here they are.....

Andrew...

Jared...

Wes...
Wes flying over Murray....
Wes showing off his new tooth....
Wes grows super tall (note he is standing on his play cube)...
Jared & Andrew find a new way to play with their table. They turn it over on their own and then climb on top while the others rock it back and forth. Very creative little chaps....
Murray just loves the boys and lets them do anything to him. He loves the attention and can't wait to play with the boys. He brings them his toys as an offering of friendship. Chewie.... not so friendly with the boys. We are trying to keep them separated for a little while longer.
All three of the boys in their cribs after a nap. They love to get up and "chat" with each other. I really enjoy just listening to them through the monitor for a little while before I get them up. We have been forced to redecorate the room because Jared loved to "light up" the room by tugging on the blinds and pulling the sheet into his crib (which you can see in the pic). Now his crib sort of floats in the middle of the room about a foot away from the wall.
Daddy with Jared and Andrew after bath and before bed. I sure do love Jared's curly hair when it is wet. It drys crazy but when it is wet, it's quite a cute do.
Andrew was so excited about visiting Grandma for Gasparilla he jumped into the suitcase and was ready to go...

I was in the kitchen on this evening and I heard the boys laughing in the living room. I tip-toed over to see what was going on and I found Wesley holding a hanger and they all found this funny. The hangers and a bunch of clothing were staged in the Pack N Play as I was taking pictures of the clothes to post on our other blog. I then grabbed the camera to video a little bit of this interaction. I did not realize I would find out the Master Mind into this activity. If you watch the video below, you will see who was passing out the hangers to the "innocent" brothers. I should also point out that Andrew has quite a gift. I see a "Little Drummer Boy" in our future. He is able to keep a great beat...

Well, we are all feeling a little better now and Grandma is here to help us for the week. We are crossing our fingers that we are no longer contagious and Grandma does not catch this wicked bug. We are also glad we caught this early enough to get through our system before our big trip to Mardi Gras and to visit Grandma Peggy in Texas.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Take care,

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your flu! I'm glad you're feeling back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for caring enough to leave us a message! We enjoy hearing from you!